Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Volunteer job

Hello again. Guess what? Today, I went over to the Library and got a volunteer job. Boo-Yah!!! I am SUPER excited!!! Satisfaction is my new word of the moment. So happy. I had a bad moment when I was there, though. I completed the "interview" and as I walked out, I realized that she was the very librarian that had reprimanded me for not bringing my library card, about a week or so ago. Here is the deal. I am a devoted Library geek, and I check out almost constantly. I check out SO OFTEN that I now have my library cards bar code number memorized. Just wait, it gets better. I was very confident about my knowing-ness of my number, so every time I went to the Library, I'd go up to the front desk and repeat my number and info. I was pretty proud of this until about a week ago. I got up to the front desk and said to the lady, "Hey, I don't have my card on me, but will you take my bar code number?" I got back a almost constant stream of complaints like nothing else known to man. Seriously. It was like, "You don't have your card with you??? *sigh* ... *sigh* ... *double-sigh* ... Weeeeeeell... all right, but you Haaave to promise me that you'll bring your card next time Okaaaaayyyy???" *real actual sigh that doesn't actually consist of trying to give somebody a guilt trip* And now, I'll be working for her... I sincerely ask for your prayers. :)

6 comments:

Joshua Skogerboe said...

Way to go Scooteroo! They'll be blessed to have you, my boy.

Hannah Nicole said...

Awesome, Seth! :)

Alex Monseth said...

Haha, nice one Seth,

Alex

Jake M. said...

Oh my word... Seth, you're so lucky!!! You get to be around books all the time!!! Nice work getting the job!

Jake

Breanna Siebrasse said...

Hi Seth, its Breanna from 5th grade at Heritage Christian Academy. I am so happy for you! It's great that you got the job, and I was wondering if you had any really good book series that I could read. :) Breanna

emily said...

Library job. Cool!