Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Asleep :: My day so far

This morning I woke up at 8:20. I went up stairs without really thinking, asleep on my feet. The I went over to wait for our one bathroom to open up, sat down and fell asleep on my backside. Dad woke me up, I used the restroom, and walked out to wait for the water to warm up, so that I could take a shower. Then I saw the most welcoming thing I've ever set eyes on: The couch. With a big warm mattress. And a small fluffy pillow. Laid down on it and BOOM! Out like a light. I do vaguely remember waking up a couple of times after that, but none of them were long enough to keep me up. Three hours later my eyes opened up. 11:30! (Not at ALL the norm for me. At ALL.) So I got up, despairing over my bad luck. 6 inches of snow, and I had to stay in doing homework all morning. I walked out past my fam with my face downcast, mumbling of things that I thought I wouldn't be able to do, when suddenly my mom, My heavenly Amazing, Awesome mom says,"You know what? I think we should take a snow day!" My morning was saved. I shoveled the sidewalk and drank cocoa. I ate Taco Bell. I sat down to write my first article of winter.( In my opinion, winter starts when it snows. Really Snows.) Yes. I am in heaven.

2 comments:

Eldarwen said...

LOL =D So funny!!! I did that the other day. Woke up, fell asleep, woke up, fell asleep. I finally woke up for good at 4pm. :)
Hey, how old are you and what grade are you in?

Bekah said...

*laughs wistfully* wish that could happen to me... *wonders--if she falls asleep on couch--if HER mother would give her a snow day*