Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hangin' Around

Man. Life is good for me right now. Me and my mom spent the evening makin' chicken marsala, goat cheese walnut and spinach salad, and sparkling Pomegranate drink, which we bought at the store. ( Just the Pomegranate Drink. The rest we made from scratch.) It was so good! My mom is a amazing chef, not to mention the Apple crisp to top it all off. (Made by yours truly!)

Whoofta! I have been reading like Crazy for the last few days, and one of the books REALLY stink. ("Who's Crazy," you may ask, "and why are you reading like him?" I honestly don't know.) The book I'm so fed up with is (This isn't the origianl pic, but it's WAY better.)
Midnight for Charley Bone. It isn't some little kids book, like it sounds, but a book for kids that are in the range of 7-12... maybe 13. Anyway, the reasons I don't like it is that the story is fantastic, but the author keeps rushing into different types of scenes. It's like, "Charlie said to his friend Fidelio, "Hey, Why don't we go to the pond?" then he turns around, dodges a bullet, a smacks his great aunt across the face. WHAT!? Come On! Jenny Nimmo has the story, but she just can't write. Bad Mix. Also, It's a really bad take off on Harry Potter, which is just... Un-heard of. So there you have it.

2 comments:

Hannah Nicole said...

Yeah, that soup that your mom made was SOOO good. And the bars. Ohmiword--yes. ^^

I hate when stories are like that--but the cover art is kinda cool. ;)

Joshua Skogerboe said...

Hey Scooteroo. This is a great post. I love the way you use words. You're a creative writer - makes your posts interesting to read, me boy. Glad you are discerning about literature and authors - the more you read, the more you'll learn, and the more you'll enjoy reading. And the more you'll learn. And so on.

God bless, Seth. I'm a big fan. So there you have it. *winky face, winky face...*