Monday, February 22, 2010

A Newly Aquired Taste

I have recently developed a taste for something very... tasty. Green tea! Idrink it in the morning the morning, I drink it in the night! I drink it in the evening, when the moon is shine'n bright! (Skinna-marinky-dinky-dink, skinna-marinky-doo) :D It is very good! I have had around me all my life, because my mother and grandparents love it. But I had never really liked it much. Now, being a writer, this presented me with a problem. Generally, author's either like tea, coffee, or something like that. (Maybe I'm wrong, but this is just the way it seems to me. Do you disagree?) I've never really liked coffe much,(though I had a nice cup of it at a diner, once,) and green tea... I didn't know what to think. But now, my taste buds have seemingly changed. Green tea is sooooo good! My uncle travels around the world, and one time when he was living in Korea, he decided to try something unusual. He wanted to become a tea master. Now, I know this may sound a little weird. You're thinking, 'How much can there be to learn?' But my uncle spent a whole bunch of time working at it and learning all the little techniques it takes to do the tea perfectly. Also, he had a figurative handi-cap: He was english. But he overcame this also, learning Korean and living among the korean people. After a while, he graduated from tea school, and was officialy dubbed a Tea Master. Anyways, the whole reason I wrote this for you guys is this: He just sent my mom and me some tea. Some of it was super strong, but one kind was really good. The problem is, I can't read the label. It is written in Chinese!!! Well, I'll find some way to make last. Maybe I can call my uncle on Skype to ask what it's called and where I can get more! :D What is your preferance, coffee or tea? Well you reply, I will sit patiently, sipping the greatest drink on Earth. *sigh*

5 comments:

Bekah said...

Green tea is YUCKO!! Coffee is so much better...way way way way better. ^^

(and yes, authors must be obsessed with coffee, tea, or both. ;)

Kailyn Nickel said...

Haha, I know. It seems us writers can't get by without being stereotyped about some sort of pick-me-up drink. =P But that's not been a problem for me, because I love coffee. Starbucks is one of the best things invented. *dreamy sigh*

BUT, I can tell you that I do like tea as well... peppermint green tea is DELICIOUS. My parents order a certain drink a lot at Starbucks (they have a yummy kind of green tea there), and I've tried it before. I like it, but it's never been one of my favorite things. Although, your post has made me wonder if I'll start drinking green tea more often. I might develop a more avid taste for it -- we'll see!! =D

Kailyn

Jake M. said...

Green tea? *grimaces* No way. But there's this tea called Hawaiin tea, and it rocks! It's so invigorating. *wistifully wishes he was sipping a cup of Hawaiin tea*
Coffee *gags* Well... I like it, but it stunts your growth (It's true!!!) so I don't drink it.

Jake

Yo Momma :-) said...

I just snicker-tee-hee-ed my way through this whole entry, funny man-o-mine!! Made me love your "witsome" self all the more! I will, however, be watching my green tea stash much more diligently,there, little mister ... ;-)

Joshua Skogerboe said...

Seth - I love you so much, kid! What a great "expresser of thoughts" you are. More and more. Loved the "skinnamarink-a-dinky-dink" moment. HA! But... green tea is... meh. Your writing = awesome. Green Tea = meh. That's what I'm saying. :-) God bless you, my boy. Keep writing!