Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A tribute to *ahem* me::Unhygienic Singer

No, not really. This is just a post about my birthday! I am turning twelve today! I am very excited, and can't wait until tonight, when we will be having cherry pie and pumpkin pie and Special tea!!! Yes. Last party I had was with my grand parents at Macaroni Grill, and it was hugely successful. Everything was great, except for this creepy Opera guy afterwards. *shiver* The guy had something seriously wrong inside him. Every single time we go there, we try to avoid him. The first time we went there he came to our table and asked, "Would you like me to sing you a song?" Unknowingly, we obliged. He proceeded to sing in Italian for about four minutes, Full volume, and pretend to hug my father. It totally freaked us out. Ever since then, we've avoided him. But last night, our luck did not last. He showed up at our table and asked the question:"Would you like me to sing you a song?" Surprisingly my dad said "Yes" Oh well, I thought, it's your funeral. Then my dad, loving parent that he is, pointed at me and proclaimed, "It is HIS birthday." Things went downhill from there. He came over to me, held my shoulders, and sang at me (Yes, at me,) about my mother's tears. He wiped my face at least seven times (no kidding, I counted) and patted my head the whole time. I was supposed to make me laugh, and I kind of snickered the first time. But by the third round of it, I was ready to puke. And he sang seven rounds. I was SO relieved when he left. My ears rung the whole time after that, and when they finally stopped, he came back to sing Happy Birthday. Ironic, huh? I still had a blast, though. The cheese cake and chocolate cake at the end of the night really helped relieve all the stress. Just to give a realistic idea of this singing nightmare, my grandma had to plug her ears. It was that bad. My brothers and dad had a blast watching him make a fool of me, though. Good times. :)

5 comments:

Alex Monseth said...

Happy 12th Seth! Cya on Friday.

Bekah said...

*cracks up* You serious?! I would have DIED if that was me!! That's hilarious though--I would have loved to see that. ^^

Oh, by the way: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! ^^

Bekah

emily said...

Happy brithday! Being twelve is pretty awesome:]

Anonymous said...

Happy [belated] birthday!! :D Being 12 is amazingly awesme!!

Melian

Breanna Siebrasse said...

Don't worry Seth I have been in the same place. My Dad was meeting a work partner at Macaroni Grill, and took us along. I saw the creepy Opera guy by a couple of other tables, and crossed my fingers, hoping that he wouldn't come near our table. Guess What! He started to eye our group. Later he just came strolling up, and asked if we would like him to sing for us. Being the "smart" person my dad is, he said yes!
The guy lurched into song, and wrapped his arms around me, and called me his beloved! Let me tell you not pretty!! Anyway Happy Birthday!!!